Be the Golden Girl at your New Year’s Eve party with this gold and bronze inspired makeup look that will have your peepers looking perfect!
There’s a lot of pressure to look your best on New Year’s Eve. The cameras are out in force and you want to stand out in all those Instagram pics for the right reasons! But don’t worry, you can put all your makeup doubts to one side for this special night as we’ve put together the ultimate New Year’s Eve look which is a modern twist on a glam classic. Golden Girl is a look which uses luxurious gold metallics blended with a dark smokey brown for a gorgeous look that is party perfect and flawless – even in front of the most unforgiving camera!
Now, let’s get started…
- Firstly you’ll need to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin. This allows for a clean surface for your base.
2. Using a stipple brush sweep the sheer mineral booster in circular motions, applying lightly all over your face and not forgetting your neck and collar bone. The mineral booster works as a primer, minimising the appearance of pores and fine lines and giving your foundation a base to hold on to. Its natural powder formula means it’s perfect for those who have oily or sensitive skin.
3. Next take an angled foundation brush and your chosen foundation shade, for this look we used tinted moisturiser in nude. Using the brush, blend your foundation into the skin, focusing on the T-Zone and making coverage lighter out toward to the hairline.
4. On to your brows. Take a small angled brush and using the e.l.f. eyebrow kit (we used the Dark shade for this look), make small brush strokes through your brows, filling in any sparse areas but also elongating your brows if necessary and defining the edges.
5. Time for the eyes. First blend some eyelid primer all the way over the lid from lash line to brow. Mix lock and seal with a light shade from the Baked Eyeshadow Palette. Using the eyeshadow ‘c’ brush sweep the shade across the brow bone to highlight.
6. Mix a small amount of makeup lock and seal with some of the gold eyeshadow from the baked eyeshadow palette. Apply this all over the lid with the angled contour brush using a patting motion. This will ensure you have a high concentration of colour. Blend the edges and take the colour right down into the inner corner of the eye.
7. Using a small precision brush and the dark brown shade from the same palette create definition and depth to the outer corner and crease of the eye, again blending the edges well to avoid harsh lines. Using the same colour and brush, bring the shade under the lower lash line to really enhance and define your eyes.
8. Using a liquid black eyeliner, create an accentuated cat eye.
9. Curl lashes and apply a coat of volume plumping mascara to thicken and lengthen lashes.
11. Using the same lipstick but using it as a cheek colour apply a small amount to the apples of the cheeks and blend up and out towards temples using a brush for a natural, dewy glow.
12. Finally using a stipple brush set the face with a light dusting of mineral booster powder.
Well, now we bet you’re looking party perfect!
Don’t forget to pop your lipstick in your bag for touch-ups before midnight 😉 and remember – we want to see your recreations of our Golden Girl makeup look for New Year’s Eve. Upload your pics to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+ and use the hashtag #GoldenGirl.
Lastly, have a great night and here’s to a very fun and glamourous 2014!