If there is one iconic makeup look that we all know about, it’s a classic red pout. It looks like this trend isn’t going anywhere soon either so now is the time to learn how to perfect this look with our handy makeup tutorial.
1. Begin by applying Mineral Infused Face Primer to even out your complexion and to give your foundation something to hold on to. The primer is available in a variety of shades, the one which you choose will depend on your skin tone and complexion.
2. Use a flat foundation brush to apply Flawless Finish Foundation over your complexion.
3. To conceal under-eye signs of tiredness, take Tone Correcting Concealer and draw vertical lines under your eye, starting with longer lines from the inner corner and getting shorter as you reach the outer corner. Use a small stipple brush to blend the colour upwards toward the eye and out toward the outer corner.
4. Moving on to the eyes, take the Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California. Use the light sand coloured shade around the inner corner of the eye, taking the colour underneath the eye and about a cm along the lower lash line. Use this shade 3/4 of the way across the eye lid. Next take the copper coloured shade and sweep this over the centre of the lid and out toward the outer corner of the eye, blending with the sand colour. Take the copper colour from where you finished the sand colour underneath the eye, smudging it along to the outer corner of the lower lash line.
5. Finish the eyes by taking the darkest brown in the palette and blending this into the outer corner of the eyelid and lightly into the crease. Then apply a coat of Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black.
6. To shape your brows quickly, take the Brow Collection and pick a stencil which is best matched with your current, natural shape. Hold the stencil over your brow whilst taking the brow brush and collecting the brow gel from the palette and using it to fill in your brow, making short quick strokes starting from the centre of the face and moving out to the edge of the brow.
7. Take the ivory shade from the Baked Eyeshadow Palette and use this to highlight the arch of your brow.
8. To set the foundation, take Mineral Booster in Sheer and use a powder brush to sweep lightly over the skin, tapping off any excess before application.
9. For the cheeks use Mineral Blush in Joy and apply to the cheekbones, rather than the apples of the cheeks.
10. Now for the lips! Apply e.l.f. Lip Primer and Plumper, staring with the primer for a no budge finish that the pigments in the lipstick can “cling on” to. Apply a thin coat of the Plumper, the cinnamon ingredient will make your lips feel tingly and fuller, ready for the red!
Whoila! You’re done! We hope you enjoyed following this makeup tutorial 🙂