There is nothing worse than unwanted shine appearing during a night out or on a hot Summers Day. So here at e.l.f. we have assembled our top 5 picks to say good riddance to #ShineCrime once and for all!
Mineral Facial Cleanser
1. As a preventative, starting your routine with the Mineral Cleanser will help prepare the skin as the perfect base for your makeup. This product will help neutralise the skin and get rid of any excess oil before makeup application. A little of this product goes a long way. After working up a lather, massage gently into the skin in a circular motion. This will help keep your skin feeling revitalised and help control the excess oil released by the skin throughout the day.
HD Mattifying Cream Foundation
2. This duo of #ShineCrime fighting products will help create the perfect base for your look. I know many beauty gurus may faint at my next statement but we have tried and tested this combination of products and it gets a thumbs up from us here at e.l.f. Start by applying the Mineral Booster in Sheer over the face in a circular motion. We love using the Studio Mineral Powder Brush for the application of this product. This has added Mineral properties and works well as an alternative face primer if you suffer from oily or combination skin. We then applied the HD Mattifying Cream foundation on top of this powder using the sponge included. We know how applying cream or liquid based products on top of powder sounds strange, but for oily skin this combination of products provides a perfectly matte finish. Try this combination out and let us know what you think in the comments below.
The Translucent Matte Powder
3. We are now going to look at one of our Handbag Hero products. The Translucent Matt Powder comes in a neat compact including a mirror and application sponge. Great for those little touch ups throughout the day or whilst on an evening out. A light dusting of this powder will help absorb any excess oil that creates unwanted shine.
Mist and Set Spray
4. If you haven’t tried out Mist and Set spray you have been missing out! This spray has the benefits of added key moisturising ingredients such as Aloe, Green Tea and Cucumber to help keep your face feeling fresh and hydrated throughout the day. The Mist and Set spray will set your makeup in place helping your look to last longer and avoid any unwanted build-up or “cakiness” from your makeup touch-ups. With summer on the horizon, the added vitamins in this formula will help keep your skin looking fresh and shine free.
5. Now we have all experienced the limitations to a cute clutch bag. Although a staple fashion accessory, roomy is not the word that springs to mind. So in order to beat excess shine we need a product is light, compact and takes up minimal room on a night out. Say hello to our Essentials Shine Erasers. A steal at £1.95 for 50 sheets! Using this product you can blot away that unwanted shine for a flawless matte finish. These sheets can also be used to blot lipstick so no unsightly lipstick stains are left on your glasses or more horrifically, your teeth!
So which e.l.f. product is your top pick to beat #ShineCrime this summer? Let us know in the comments below!