One makeup look we don’t think we’ll ever tire of is a gorgeous, neutral smokey eye.
Bronze, copper, taupe and chocolate box shades are always high on our wishlist!
Which is why when our Studio Prism Palettes arrived – we couldn’t wait to try out the shade Naked!
This slim and sleek palette contains six beautifully complimenting shades that will work with any skin tone.
Of course the palette was a sell-out success which means lots of you have been getting creative and experimenting to create your own gorgeous makeup looks with it.
But for those of you who need a little inspiration, we thought we’d get our e.l.f. Artist Antonia, to show you a trick or two and demonstrate just one of the many ways you can combine the colours in this palette to create simply stunning eye makeup.
What you’ll need:
- Prism Palette in Naked – £10.00
- Mineral Lip Liner in Rose – £3.95
- Essential Lipstick in Seductive – £1.95
- Studio Blush in Giddy Gold – £3.95
- HD Mattifying Foundation – Antonia wears the shade Sand – £7.95
- Volume Plumping Mascara – £3.95
- Kohl Eyeliner – £3.95
Let’s get started!
1. Apply primer to the eyelid, this will help bring out the pigment in the eyeshadow and give it something to cling to for a long-lasting effect.
2. Highlight your inner eye and create a base layer by applying the gold shadow from the Prism Palette all over your eyelid and tear duct.
3. Apply dark brown (6) to the inner and outer corners of your eye, creating a sandwich effect. This will ensure the gold in the middle catches the light, making your eyes appear larger and adding depth.
4. Apply Liquid or Kohl Liner along the top lash line, create a small wing at the outer corner of your eye.
5. Apply the Mascara to lengthen your lashes and add volume.
6. Apply a light brown (5) under the eye to create a smokey effect.
7. Fill in your brows, defining their natural shape and filling in any sparse areas.
8. Apply our Mineral Infused Primer to your face, prepping it for your makeup.
9. Apply Foundation
10. Apply Blush and Bronzer, focusing on the cheekbones and along the top of your forehead for a sunkissed effect.
11. Set with powder
12. Last but not least, complete your look by applying the lip liner and lipstick.
Now you’re ready to wow!
If you’re trying this look at home why not send us a selfie on Twitter @elfCosmeticsUK.